Saturday, June 27, 2009

I swear, we were just looking!

The hubs declared this weekend to be the weekend of Jenna - we do whatever I want to do, eat what and where I want to eat...etc, etc.

Last night we watched the Twins game (yay for winning) and hung out at a friend's condo. Today, we slept in (glorious, I haven't done that in a while) then cleaned up and headed to USA Baby. My only reason for heading there today was to get an idea of delivery times, prices, yadda yadda. Well, the first thing I see is a beautiful glider. And - surprise - they're having a huge sale. I sit in it, and it's super comfortable, even the hubs agrees. So we decide...we'll order the glider today. However, the glider only comes in chesnut and espresso. (I had mentally already planned the whole room in white furniture.) Well, fine, an espresso wood glider will be okay with white furniture, right? Right. So we get ready to go up to the front and order, and I see the crib of my dreams in the front, and it's on super clearance. It's also in a gorgeous espresso, with pewter accents. It and the matching combo are beautiful and I decide that we should just order it all and be done with it, since it could take 10-12 weeks to arrive.

So, majority of baby furniture = purchased. However, now my entire design plan for the room is out the window...and honestly I don't know what to do. The hubs almost has me convinced that the wall color in the nursery can stay as is and then we can just put the furniture in. Who knows. My brain hurts just from thinking about it.

Expect in the coming weeks I'll be doing a lot of opinion asking, because I'm more confused now than ever. :)

Anyway, for your viewing pleasure - the furniture.

This is the glider, but we got it in a sage green fabric.

And...the furniture (minus the armoire).


3 comments:

  1. I love it! Even better that is was on sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's lovely! You should do green walls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That furniture is great, even better getting it on sale. Are you doing sage walls also? I guess you don't know now that you're having to redesign the room though.

    ReplyDelete