Monday, June 8, 2009

Dearest Braxton Hicks,

I wasn't expecting you so soon! It was a bit of a surprise to me yesterday as the hubs and I were driving to see "Up" that suddenly it felt like my pants were digging into my uterus. But alas, it was just you. And you scared the hell outta me.

I silently was thinking "I'm having contractions" and thought about saying it aloud, but didn't want to alarm the hubs. It was only you, and for the most part, you are relatively harmless. (Albeit annoying.)

You continued to visit me throughout the movie, and the drive home. I learned after pulling out the trusty "What to Expect When You're Expecting" that you can be triggered by dehydration. Guilty. I knew I was dehydrated when I woke up, yet I didn't properly rehydrate, instead I downed movie theater popcorn and a cherry coke like they were going out of style. This decision only added to my dehydration, and by the time I got to the car, I had chugged two bottles of water to try to redeem myself.

I was better last night. Today, you came back. Uninvited-again.

The nurse has informed me that I must drink 65 ounces of water a day to stay properly hydrated. Needless to say I have been not doing that. AT ALL. So today, I hope, is your last day of visit, Braxton Hicks, my friend. Nothing personal.

Signed,
jennabee

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you could have them this early! There have been a few times where my belly gets really tight and I just can't relax it, and then it goes away a minute later but I was convinced I couldn't be having BH already. Good to know!

    ReplyDelete