Thursday, March 26, 2009

Oh happy day!

We started today out with sleeping in a little late, and then heading to the clinic to see the babe. It was not without a scare, but what in my life is?

The u/s tech got me started with the tummy kind, and I was already thinking I was getting the dildocam. So...she starts looking around and then says "How far along do you think you are?" And I'm all "about 7 weeks, though my LMP would have me around 8."

So jerkface says "Oh, you're much much earlier than that. Maybe 5 or 6 weeks AT THE MOST. We'll have to use the internal."

Insert expressionless emotion here.

I was like...."uh, NO. I'm 7 weeks. I know when I ovulated." Then I started to panic and began asking all sorts of questions that she returned with only a confused look and said "We'll know what we have when we see it, mmmkay?"

Insert pissed off emoticon here.

So the hubs is just sitting there all sorts of uncomfortable as the tech lubes up the dildocam and tells me to "insert it into my vagina" (ha) and she begins to measure my ovaries. Uhm, thanks - could you just get to the baby please?

And then, there it was. The babe. And the heartbeat, flickering on the screen. I'm pretty sure I released an audible gasp, and my eyes welled up with tears.

The little bee was measuring 7 weeks, and it's heart was beating away at 143 bpm. Then she focused in on the heart and we got to actually hear it.

It was insane. The fact that my body is supporting two heartbeats completely blows my mind.

She was nothing but kind after this point. (She even gave me the "you were right" response I was looking for. I'm kind of an ass.) Everything looked perfect!

No, that's not a peanut, it's a baby.

And to top it off, I feel pretty decent today. Like night and day from yesterday. Seabands are back to being my friend.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on a happy appointment!
    (SilentC from theBump)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god....blowing my mind! You have a peanut with a heartbeat inside of you!! Ah!

    ReplyDelete