Monday, July 6, 2009

Patriotic recap.

This weekend flew by more quickly than I would have liked, and it's amplified by the fact that the hubs has the day off today, where I am firmly planted in my seat at work. Boo. (AND it's a gorgeous day to boot.)

At any rate, we spent most of the weekend preparing for our 4th of July party - cleaning, grocery shopping, tending to the yard. Thursday night was The Roots at First Avenue, totally awesome. I went home afterwards, and the hubs stayed out. I was fine with that - he even got home around midnight. :)

Friday was cleaning and prep day. Saturday I woke up a little later than I would have liked and started making WAY too much food. We had everything ready to go, and by the time most of our guests arrived, it started to pour. So, a couple hours of the BBQ were spent indoors, watching the Twins game...which was fine. It eventually cleared and we all headed back outside with towels and enjoyed the rest of the afternoon. In the evening, we drove to St. Paul to see Elvis Costello and some excellent fireworks. I learned that I cannot walk long distances because my back and knees are now those of an 80 year old. We got home, and I pretty much fell asleep while the hubs and a few of his buddies stayed up until the sun came up. Yesterday was clean up and lounge day, which was desparately needed.

Overall, it was quite a fun weekend. I got nothing accomplished in the baby area, but the hubs and I have decided to move the guest bed upstairs some day this week to get the ball rolling. I expect the crib and combo will be here sometime in the next two weeks, and the glider to be here in the next month...I just cannot wait to get it set up! But first...painting...hmmm....

And this concludes the most rambling blog entry to date. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment